Last Updated: 3rd February 2023
As we may make changes to these Terms and Conditions as the scope of Academic Marker changes over time, you are strongly recommended to review this page periodically to stay informed of updates. Your continued use of the site represents that you have accepted such changes. If we determine, in our sole discretion, that your use of Academic Marker is in breach of these Terms and Conditions or of any applicable law or regulation, we may without warning terminate your use or participation in the site and/or delete your profile and any content or information that you posted.
- Academic Marker offers English and academic skills support to high school, university and postgraduate students, academic skills tutors, and business professionals, and is thus intended for users who are at least 13 years old; if you are under the age of 13, you are not permitted to sign up to or use the www.academicmarker.com or community.academicmmarker.com sites without parental permission
- the information provided on Academic Marker is not intended for use by any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation or which would subject us to any registration requirement
- any academics who wish to link to Academic Marker via email, within course materials or through a Learning Management System are welcome to do so; community members may also adapt and reuse our materials for academic purposes provided no financial sum is charged, our branding is visible, and a reference and hyperlink is provided
- community members are welcome to link directly to Academic Marker’s study pathways should doing so benefit your classmates, students or colleagues; while our content may be printed and shared freely provided that no financial sum is charged and our branding remains visible, our downloadable content should not be shared digitally without express written permission
As a user of Academic Marker, you agree to:
- be polite to all other users
- communicate in a recognised dialect of English at all times unless when private messaging
- not upload any content which is not entirely your own creation or which could be considered as rude, inappropriate or illegal
As a user of Academic Marker, you agree not to:
- systematically retrieve data or other content to compile a database or directory without written permission from us
- collect usernames and/or email addresses to send unsolicited email or create user accounts under false pretences
- advertise or sell goods and services
- circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features
- trick, defraud, mislead, harass, abuse or harm us and/or other users
- make improper use of our support services, or submit false reports of abuse or misconduct
- engage in any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to send comments or messages, or using any data mining, robots or similar data gathering and extraction tools
- use our content as part of any effort to compete with us or to create a revenue-generating endeavour or commercial enterprise
- delete the branding, copyright or other proprietary rights notice from any of our content
- upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) viruses, Trojan horses or other material that interferes with any party’s uninterrupted use and enjoyment of the site
- use, launch, or engage in any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to send comments or messages, robots, scrapers, offline readers, or similar data gathering and extraction tools
- use Academic Marker in a manner inconsistent with any applicable laws or regulations
- you represent and warrant that: (a) where necessary, all registration information you submit will be true, accurate, current and complete and relate to you and not a third party; (b) you will maintain the accuracy of such information and promptly update such information as necessary; (c) you will keep your password confidential and will be responsible for all use of your password and account; (d) you have the legal capacity to comply with these Terms and Conditions; and (e) you are not a minor in the jurisdiction in which you reside, or if a minor, you have received parental permission to use Academic Marker
- we may remove or change a username you select if we determine that the username is inappropriate; if you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, we may suspend or terminate your account
- as part of the functionality of Academic Marker, you may link your account with online accounts that you may have with third party service providers by providing your third-party account login information; please refer to the privacy policies of these third parties for more information
- we have the right to remove any user content published to the site if, at our sole discretion, such content does not comply with our Terms and Conditions
- we are not responsible and accept no liability for any user content that contains incorrect information or is defamatory
- if you wish to flag or complain about user content uploaded by others, please contact [email protected] or use the report/flag button in the forums
- unless otherwise indicated, the site and services including source code, databases, functionality, software, website designs, audio, video, text, photographs and graphics are owned or licensed to us and are protected by copyright and trade mark laws
- no part of Academic Marker’s content may be copied, reproduced, aggregated, republished, uploaded, posted, publicly displayed, encoded, translated, transmitted, distributed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose whatsoever without our express prior written permission or unless otherwise explicitly stated
- provided that you are eligible to use the site, you are granted a limited licence to access, use, download or print a copy of the content to which you have properly gained access provided it is solely for your personal or classroom-based, non-commercial use
- although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that our content is accurate, complete or up-to-date
- we reserve the right to change, modify or remove the contents of the site at any time or for any reason at our sole discretion without notice
- we are not responsible for any offence caused by our content, for any negative situations created through the use of potentially incorrect content hosted on Academic Marker, or for any accusations of plagiarism; all Academic Marker content is either original, has the consent of the original author, is appropriately referenced, or has been sufficiently paraphrased as to bear little resemblance to the original
- there may be information on the site that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies or omissions; we reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update the information at any time, without prior notice
- we are always willing to receive and respond to feedback on our content and ensure that we provide clear opportunity for student and tutor criticism
- all content, including audio files, comments, diagrams, examples, lessons, materials, paragraphs, PowerPoints, PDFs, video files and Word documents, displayed or hosted on Academic Marker by Academic Marker is the intellectual property of Academic Marker, unless otherwise referenced or stated
- once unlocked or for the duration of the enrolment, content becomes the joint property of both Academic Marker and the user for as long as the user’s account or enrolment with Academic Marker exists; that user is then freely able to access without limitation such content and is additionally able to distribute printed versions with friends, family members and fellow teachers or students
- users are not permitted to sell, digitally distribute or claim to be the author of our content under any circumstances unless with the written permission of Academic Marker
- any original content uploaded to Academic Marker by a user becomes the intellectual property of both the user and Academic Marker unless such content is found to violate the Terms and Conditions as set out here
- we cannot guarantee the site will be available at all times; we may experience hardware, software or other technical issues or need to perform maintenance resulting in interruptions, delays, or errors; though we will do our utmost to provide a consistent experience, you agree that we have no liability whatsoever for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused by your inability to access or use the site during any downtime
- if you are unsatisfied with any purchase made on Academic Marker, you will have 14 days to request a refund; whether a full or partial refund is provided will depend on the nature of your dissatisfaction, the terms of the service provided (see below) and the national laws of the bank through which you made purchase
If after reading these frequently asked questions (FAQs) you still aren’t sure whether enrolment is suitable for your educational needs, please contact us directly. We’ll do our best to respond to your queries within 48 hours.
After enrolling, you will receive an email containing a unique, single-use discount code. This 10% discount is valid for any ASC, ELC or MC support – simply apply the code at the checkout screen.
You will be contacted within 24 hours of payment to submit and/or confirm the email addresses you wish to enrol. Enrolment will then be activated within 24 hours of receipt of confirmation. While a reminder email will be sent 30 days prior to your annual renewal, you may cancel or upgrade your subscription at any time.
When making payment, please note that our enrolment fees are pegged to the United States Dollar (USD/$) and may increase or decrease in your local currency with the exchange rates. Depending on your location at the time of payment, we can also receive enrolment fees in the following currencies: AUD, CAD, CNY, EUR, GBP, INR, JPY, KRW, MXN, PHP, RUB.
Yes, should you lose access to your email account or create a new email address, it is possible to change the address associated with your enrolment. We permit one change per year upon demonstration of receipt of purchase. Please contact us to request this.
Should you reach your maximum enrolment allowance and wish to replace one enrolled student or staff member with another, please contact us with the email addresses you would like to add and/or remove and we will update our enrolment records within 48 hours of receipt.
Yes, absolutely. Should Academic Marker prove to be more popular among your staff or students than expected, you can pay to increase the size of your enrolment during an existing annual subscription. Simply click here, log in and update your plan. We will automatically from the first year of your new enrolment any remaining fees from your current subscription, charging you the difference.
It’s easy to end your enrolment by logging in and cancelling your annual subscription. While you may cancel your enrolment with Academic Marker at any time, we do not offer full or partial refunds (unless in exceptional circumstances). This means that even after cancellation, your enrolment will remain active in our system for the duration of that year’s subscription, as will your premium level of access.
We are unable to offer full or partial refunds due to the nature of our enrolment packages (unless in exceptional circumstances). This is because enrolment provides full and immediate access to our e-learning activities and downloadables and a unique 10% discount code for our teaching centres. Please see our terms and conditions for more information.
Study Programme Terms
Group Workshop Terms
Private Tuition Terms
Project Work Terms
Thanks for reading, and best of luck in your studies!